Baby Galvin

Friday, July 30, 2010

La Tour Eiffel

It just sounds so much prettier in French doesn't it? So...my niece Chels & Ollie & I took a little trip on the chunnel/eurostar to sunny Paris for a little culture, and packed in a lot in 48hrs...Chelsea waited almost 2 hours to get to the top for some great views, while Ollie & I hung out in the shade down below as it was over 30 degrees! Well, we're not exactly in the shade in this first pic, but I needed proof that he was indeed at the Eiffel Tower

Who knew the Eiffel Tower came in green or pink too?

Just felt so Parisian...

Rich & I dined at this quaint little restaurant when we were in Paris last year, and made a return visit this time. Pretty sure the menu is exactly the same:)
Meant to put these up with the other tower pics, but here are a couple more from different angles...



Our hotel was right next to the Louvre, and so we enjoyed walking by it every day. The outside may be more impressive than what's inside anyway!
Chels trying to cool off...
...but not for long! haha
And a quick trip to Notre Dame before heading back to London - it is an amazing church, and its pretty easy to be blown away by the amount of detail even in the arches outside. We couldn't find the hunchback, but we could either keep looking, or go shopping...hmmm...





We're not sure why this statue is holding his own head!?! I'm sure there must be some interesting explanation behind it!

A chandelier that is being restored...
Ok blog followers...now that I'm back and have downloaded all my pics from Canada, I will try to catch up on the last 2 months!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home